Saturday, April 8, 2017

Spring Cleaning: Laundry Area

Part of spring cleaning for me was tackling the spot above my washer and dryer. It was just a mess to me and I have made it a goal that throughout 2017 I would finally get my home in order. The process is to start small and tackle a section at a time. This was an area I felt I could do quickly.


On my washer, which you can't fully see, were more items, some of which I had stored on the shelf as well. I had been eyeing these pretty blue bins from my local Dollar General for a couple weeks. They cost $4.00 a piece and I finally conceived myself to buy three since they obviously "spoke" to me.


The end result is one I am very happy with. Each bin has a label to let me know what I am storing in there. I used name tag holders I had on hand which I can easily switch the yellow tag (which is a post-it) out if I change up items stored.

The plan is to keep the tops of the washer and dryer clutter free by only keeping what I need to access when doing laundry: laundry detergent and dryer sheets. I make my own laundry detergent which lasts a very long time, anywhere from 6 to 12 months, and costs under $20.00 to make.

I purchased a small flip top storage container to hold the some of the detergent on the dryer and stored the rest in one of the bins. For now, I store tissues and cough drops in one bin, paper towels and miscellaneous in another and the final bin contains the extra laundry items.

Some of the items originally on the shelf have been re-purposed elsewhere in my home and others have found their way into either the donate pile or tossed.

What are your plans for spring cleaning?
If you are looking for motivation check out the following Youtube Channels which have and will help me on my journey to being more organized.


Now onto the next project!



No comments:

Post a Comment