I Want My Child Not To Avoid...



Life is full of many obstacles, obstacles and situations we, as parents, want to shield and protect our child from, however we can't, we can't shield from everything. Therefore, what do we want our children not to avoid in order to grow? I have been thinking this over for awhile and came up with three main situations I want her to embrace and not avoid.

One, love. I want my child to experience love, not to be scared of it, not to worry about her heart possibly being broken or that she loves them too much. Love is a part of life. It teaches you how to give your heart to someone, to open up to them. I don't want her to have a closed heart and run from love.


Second, failure. She needs to fail. She needs to understand she is defined as much by her failures as her successes. Failures allow for change, for growth and to see life differently. It's not about being perfect; perfection can be monotonous.

Third, fears. Fears are part of life from spiders to social situations. It is easy to give in to them, to let them control you in some way. I hope, I really do, that she will conquer them head on and not take after me.

What do you wish for your child not to avoid?


No comments:

Post a Comment