We all have them. Meals we can throw together quick and satisfy our hunger. Being a single parent to one child does have its advantages like less is needed to make dinner for two.
- Cheeseburgers. My daughter loves cheeseburgers. I try to find a leaner meat when possible and just add a little salt and pepper and I'm good to go. The best part is she always like mine better than McDonalds, not that I give her McDonalds all the time anyway. Kids!
- Spaghetti. This has been a new favorite. Just throw some ingredients in a pan or slow cooker, add your sauce and some angel hair pasta and yummy! My daughter used to be really messy eating it and sometimes I miss seeing her "spaghetti face". I am debating creating a spaghetti recipe soon.
- Tacos. Tacos in soft tortilla with cheese and sour cream. My daughter likes just cheese. We change it up by either using chicken or beef.
- Chili. I am a sucker for chili these last few months. I have an aunt who loves when I make chili so I try to make extra to freeze down for her. I have a couple chili recipes up my sleeves with more on the way.
- Roasted Potatoes. As a side to a meat, I will make my single serve roasted potatoes. My daughter prefers just normal french fries but I like these better. I tend to use some lite ranch dressing instead of ketchup to dip these in as well.
* Links to recipes are to my other blog, Simply Intertwined, where I post new recipes every now and then.
What are some of your "go to" meals? Please share below!