My 5 Go To Meals



We all have them. Meals we can throw together quick and satisfy our hunger. Being a single parent to one child does have its advantages like less is needed to make dinner for two.

  1. Cheeseburgers. My daughter loves cheeseburgers. I try to find a leaner meat when possible and just add a little salt and pepper and I'm good to go. The best part is she always like mine better than McDonalds, not that I give her McDonalds all the time anyway. Kids!
  2. Spaghetti. This has been a new favorite. Just throw some ingredients in a pan or slow cooker, add your sauce and some angel hair pasta and yummy! My daughter used to be really messy eating it and sometimes I miss seeing her "spaghetti face". I am debating creating a spaghetti recipe soon. 
  3. Tacos. Tacos in soft tortilla with cheese and sour cream. My daughter likes just cheese. We change it up by either using chicken or beef. 
  4. Chili. I am a sucker for chili these last few months. I have an aunt who loves when I make chili so I try to make extra to freeze down for her. I have a couple chili recipes up my sleeves with more on the way. 
  5. Roasted Potatoes. As a side to a meat, I will make my single serve roasted potatoes. My daughter prefers just normal french fries but I like these better. I tend to use some lite ranch dressing instead of ketchup to dip these in as well. 
* Links to recipes are to my other blog, Simply Intertwined, where I post new recipes every now and then. 

What are some of your "go to" meals? Please share below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment