It's 4 In The Morning!

It's 4am.
I'm asleep under a bunch of warm blankets until I hear my daughter yell "Mommy!". It took a minute to realize she calling to me. I hurried into her room to see her sitting up and upset. She said she heard a "tap tap tap" noise and it scared her. She sleeps with a radio on so I'm surprised she heard it. So, I listened with her to determine the noise.
It was the freezing rain outside, tapping against the window. After some hugs and a "No, you can't go out in the living room, it's 4 am."  I had her settled down. The freezing rain was enough to cancel school today which made her very happy when I told her. She had hoped yesterday for no school today.

I, on the other hand, was hoping for school since I had an appointment and no backup sitter plan. After rescheduling my appointment we decided to just relax today, well she is somewhat. I have some laundry, grocery list and more to do today. 

But....coffee first. 

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment